What are the benefits that vinegar brings to the body?
Vinegar and its origin
It has been produced and sold worldwide for thousands of years, flavored vinegar was very popular among the Babylonians, while Hippocrates used it to heal wounds.
10 Reasons that make VINEGAR the best natural medicine
- Antimicrobial properties: Most of its cleaning benefits are due to these properties, when you immerse food in it, the organic acids thereof pass to the cell membranes to kill bacteria.
- Antioxidant effects: antioxidants are molecules capable of inhibiting the oxidation of other molecules, they play an important role in health because it controls the rapidity of aging in free radicals that induce oxidative stress.
- Anti-diabetic effects: itis believed that vinegar is excellent for the mitigation of blood glucose and has beneficial effect on blood sugar levels, thanks to the acetic acid it contains, in fact, there is a theory that it can inactivate certain enzymes digestive enzymes that break down carbohydrates into sugar, slowing the conversion of complex carbohydrates into sugars from a food in the bloodstream.
- Cancer: Because of the antioxidant content, vinegar is effective in fighting cancer, there is traditional Japanese vinegar called “komezu”, which has been shown to reduce the risk of cancer because it inhibits the growth of various cancer cells,this includes the following types of cancers: colon, lung, breast, bladder, prostate, and leukemia.
- Weight loss: it is also extremely effective for losing weight because it increases satiety and decreases the total amount of food consumed, which generates an anti-obesity effect.
- Heart health: Polyphenols such as chlorogenic acid are present at high levels in apple aids vinegar, they are able to inhibit the oxidation of LDL and therefore improve health to prevent cardiovascular diseases and in turn, help to lower blood pressure.
- Acidity and acid reflux: normally acid reflux is generated by having little acid in the stomach and in these cases, vinegar is very effective for heartburn, just take one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar dissolved in one big glass.
- Injury: An amino acid base-containing vinegar is not processed or filtered and has antibacterial properties that help heal burns and acetic acid helps in turn decrease post-inflammation inflammation.
- Cerebral health: consuming vinegar may improve cognitive function in humans and various investigations have shown that acetic acid bacteria generate relevant precursors of building blocks for brain tissue by the name “sphingolipids“.
- Increases the absorption of nutrients: because it is high in acetic acid, it has the same effect as other acids because it increases the absorption of important minerals in the foods that are ingested. Therefore, consuming tonic and mild vinegar, previously diluted in water before each meal can improve the body’s ability to absorb essential minerals that are blocked in food.
Because vinegar is highly acidic and has acetic acid as its main ingredient, its taste is rare, so it is recommended to dilute it with water before ingesting it. However, it should be noted that its long-term overuse can bring low levels of potassium and affect density. On the other hand, apple vinegar interacts with diuretics, laxatives, and medications for diabetes and heart disease, so if you are under the care of a doctor and want to take it, it is best to check with him and make sure he does not react with the medicines you have prescribed.