Man Warns Against Using Spiral light bulbs after home nearly catches fire


A man’s warning about spiral light bulbs on Facebook is reaching people all over the country.

Jason Whitaker is telling people to check their light bulbs after his house nearly caught fire.

In the Facebook post, Whitaker says he kept smelling something that he thought was an electrical fire.

He says he tore his house apart trying to figure out where the smell was coming from.

“These light bulbs will burn your house down,” Whitaker wrote on Facebook.

Whitaker shared pictures of the spiral light bulb, also known as compact fluorescent light bulbs, that was packed with lady bugs.

“It has been in this lamp 4-5 years […] You can see how close it came to igniting,” Whitaker wrote. “I changed all the light bulbs. Please check yours.”

Whitaker’s Facebook post has been shared more than 96,000 times.


Like it? Share with your friends!